The Royal British Legion is committed to protecting your personal information. This policy describes how we collect and use your personal information.
We use Fluent Technology Ltd.’s Flexi-Grant software (https://britishlegion.flexigrant.com/) to process External Grant applications and manage grant awards.
How will we use your personal information?
We will use your personal information to:
Register you as a Flexi-Grant user
Process any applications or reports you submit through Flexi-Grant
Contact you in regards to your user account, application or grant award
Respond to an enquiry you send to us
Provide information about our External Grants programme
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect includes:
How do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information when you register with us as a user of Flexi-Grant, complete a funding application or report, or when you communicate with us by e-mail, telephone or in writing.
What are your rights?
You have certain rights regarding how we use your personal information - these are known as individual rights. Your rights are:
1. The right to be informed: you have the right to be informed as to how we will collect and use your personal information.
2. The right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
3. The right to rectification: you have the right to require us to correct your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
4. The right to erasure: in certain circumstances you can ask for your personal information to be erased from our records.
5. The right to restrict processing: in certain circumstances you can ask for the use of your personal information to be restricted or suppressed.
6. The right to data portability: you have the right to have your personal information transferred to another organisation in a safe, secure, and usable way.
7. The right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing of your personal information.
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
You should contact the External Grants Team (see below) if you wish to make a request in regards to your individual rights.
How do we protect personal information?
Fluent Technology, the supplier of Flexi-Grant, and Rackspace, the third-party host of applicant data, are certified against the ISO27001 security standard.
We take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information disclosed is kept secure, accurate, and up to date. We will ensure that your personal information is kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and is securely destroyed in accordance with our data retention and disposal policy.
What personal information do we share with third parties?
We may share your personal information with:
- Other entities within The Royal British Legion family of organisations, such as Poppyscotland (where this is relevant to your application).
We will obtain your consent prior to sharing your personal information with a third party for a reason not stated above.
We will not sell any of your personal information to a third party.
How do you change your personal information?
You can change your personal information in the ‘My Account’ section of Flexi-Grant or by contacting us as below.
You can find out more about how The Royal British Legion uses personal information on our website (https://www.britishlegion.org.uk/about-us/data-protection-privacy-and-communications-policy/) or by contacting us as below.
You can contact the External Grants Team with any queries about this policy at:
The External Grants Team
The Royal British Legion
199 Borough High Street
Tel: 0203 207 2138
You can raise any concerns about how we use your personal information by contacting:
The Data Protection Officer
The Royal British Legion
1-7 Princess Street